I absolutely love how this adorable pillow turned out! I am a sucker for throw pillows on everything (my husband loves this about me), but I hate how expensive they are. I’m not much of a seamstress, so sewing my own pillows is out of the question. I would never have thought to use tights as material for a pillow, but after trying my hand at this easy DIY, I’m a believer!
This project is really so simple. All you need are two pairs of tights, some pillow stuffing, hot glue, and a needle and thread. (I know, I said I’m not much of a seamstress, so if I can do it, I know you can too!) Stuff the tights, hot glue to close, and then just follow the diagram below to make a Good Luck knot with the legs. Hot glue or pin the extras to the backside of the pillow, and secure with a few stitches. These stitches are hidden in between folds and on the back of the pillow, so they don’t have to look pretty. Go ahead and watch how it’s done in the video below, and then read the instructions with a diagram of the knot beneath the video. For more easy, no-sew pillow projects, check out our flower fleece pillow, and this fabric knot pillow!
– 2 pairs of tights
– Hot glue
– Pillow stuffing
– Needle & thread
1. Fill the legs of both tights with pillow stuffing. Try to keep each leg as uniform as possible.
2. Glue the pairs of tights together in the middle, and lay them out making a cross.
3. Follow the diagram to tie the tights into a Good Luck Knot.
4. Hot glue the extra pieces to hold in place, then go around and secure with a few stitches by hand.
5. Arrange and fluff the pilow to get a fuller shape. Enjoy!