I’m sure you’ve seen similar necklaces in stores and boutique shops that range anywhere from $15 – $30, but what if I told you there was a way to make one for free? It’s true! This necklace was made entirely from recycled materials. All you need is an old necklace chain you’re willing to part with, a few washers lying around in a tool box somewhere, and jump rings to connect it all. Add a pop of color with some nail polish, and you’re good to go. If your craft junk drawer is anything like mine, I’m sure you can scare up most of the supplies, but even if you have to purchase a few things, they are all really cheap! See what we did in the video below, and get inspired to make your own washer necklace. They’re so simple and fun, you’ll want to make one for all of your friends too! Don’t forget the supply list and instructions beneath the video. Happy jewelry making, friends!
Make some earrings to match!
– 10 washers with 10mm holes
– Twelve 10mm jump rings
– Chain (new, or from an old necklace)
– Nail polish
1. Paint the washers with nail polish and let dry.
2. Arrange washers according to the diagram below, and attach a jump ring where the black lines are to connect the washers.
3. Open up the chain with a pair of pliers, and attach the washers to each side of the chain with more jump rings.
4. Touch up any areas where the nail polish cracked.
5. Wear around and stun your friends!