Have you ever made your own soap before? We always thought soap making would be complicated and time-consuming but we were so wrong! As you’ll see in the video below, this project couldn’t have been easier. The key was to find a good melt-and-pour soap base. We used goat’s milk soap base and just loved the end result! So rich and creamy! After picking out your soap base, simply mix in your ingredients, and pour into a silicone mold. We chose to make little hand soaps with our flower mold, but you could just as easily pour the soap mix into a block and then cut into rectangle bars of soap once it’s dry.
See what we did for this soap recipe and get inspired to try your own! We have the full recipe and instruction guide below the video. If you liked this tutorial, check out our other soap recipes: Thai Tea Soap and Galaxy Soap!
– 2 lb goats milk melt and pour soap base
– 1 lemon rind
– 3 tablespoons of dried lavender buds
– 15 drops lavender essential oil
– 2 tablespoons honey
– Silicone mold
1. Chop up soap base and melt in the microwave for 30 second intervals.
2. Zest the lemon, making sure to press out extra fluid with a paper towel.
3. Once base is melted, mix in essential oil first, followed by lavender buds, lemon zest, and honey.
4. Pour soap into the mold, and sprinkle a few extra lavender buds on top. Let cool 2-3 hours.
5. Pop the bars out and wrap up to give away to friends and family, or to use for yourself!SKM: below-content placeholder