Did we mention it’s a no-sew project?!
Isn’t this felt pumpkin bag just the cutest thing you’ve ever seen? I love how this craft turned out, and I especially love how quick and easy it was to put together. I think I’m going to make a few of these and hand them out at Thanksgiving, or maybe even use them as place settings for the kiddo table! (And probably at the adult table too, because who doesn’t want to find candy in a cute pumpkin?!)
All you need for this DIY is orange and green felt and some green yarn. Find a round object to trace onto the felt and cut out the circle. We used a bowl for our small bags, but you could always make yours bigger! Simply buy felt off the bolt in any craft and fabric store, and use a larger object to trace around. Once you have your circle, just snip holes around the edges and weave in the yarn to make the drawstring. Add leaves using the green felt. That’s it! See how we did it in the video below and keep scrolling to find the full instructions!
– Orange Felt
– Green string
– Green felt
– Darning needle (optional)
1. Cut a large circle out of orange felt.
2. Mark a spot every inch or so around the outside of the circle, about 1 inch from the outside edge. Use the scissors to make holes where the marks are.
3. Starting on one end, thread a green string through the holes, all the way around. Tie the ends together. Repeat with a second string, starting on the opposite holes.
4. Pull the ends of the string to sinch up the bag.
5. Cut out leaves form green felt and attach to the strings.SKM: below-content placeholder