Make your own fidget spinner today!
Chances are, if you have a kid, know a kid, or have been out in public in the last year and a half, you’ve probably heard of fidget spinners. These toys were originally marketed as a great way for kids with stress, anxiety, and ADHD to channel nervous energy into these little spinning toys. Since their debut in 2016, these toys have sky rocketed in popularity. And they aren’t just for kids! Lots of adults find fidget spinners to be calming in stressful situations. Fidget spinners are a great little gadget to keep around even when you’re not stressed – maybe the kids are bored waiting at the doctor or in line at the grocery store (or maybe you are bored standing in line), all you have to do is whip out a fidget spinner and avoid a meltdown!
There are an infinite number of ways to make fidget spinners, all you need is the bare bones to get it spinning and you can add whatever you want to make it unique! The secret to these little gadgets is skateboard bearings. You can get a pack of 8 for relatively cheap on Amazon. Once you have those, the rest is up to you! See what we did in the video below and get the full supply list and directions beneath the video!
Hot Glue Fidget Spinner:
– Hot glue
– Glitter (optional)
– 1 skateboard bearing
– Model magic clay
1. Trace out the basic fidget spinner outline on cardboard. Use the skateboard bearing as a guide for size.
2. Cut the shape out of the cardboard. Roll out the model clay about 2 inches thick and press the cardboard template into the clay. Remove the template and clean up the edges.
3. Place the skateboard bearing in the center of the clay mold.
4. Fill mold with hot glue. If you want to, drop food coloring between hot glue layers for added flare.
5. Once filled and dry, remove the modeling clay.
6. Clean up the edges with hot glue. Smooth out areas by applying heat from a lighter and smoothing surfaces.
String Fidget Spinner:
– Hot glue
– 4 skateboard bearings
1. Arrange 4 skateboard bearings in the classic fidget spinner shape.
2. Secure with hot glue.
3. Wrap string around edges several times, securing with hot glue along the way.