These bookmarks turned out so great, and they were really easy to complete! I go through bookmarks like crazy, so I’m always on the lookout for cute and simple bookmark ideas. This crocheted anchor bookmark is perfect for summer reading by the beach!
If you haven’t crocheted appliques before, this is a great first project. This pattern uses basic stitches – single crochet, half double crochet, slip stitch, and chain. Sometimes with projects like these, it’s hard to see what the final product will be like, but I promise if you follow the pattern you’ll get the hang of it soon enough! Go ahead and see what we did in the video below, and get the free pattern beneath the video. Happy crocheting, friends!
Crochet Anchor Bookmark
1. Make a magic ring. Chain 1, single crochet 1. Repeat 3 times.
2. Close loop, slip stitch to top of first chain.
3. Chain 8. 1 half double crochet in the 3rd chain from the hook. 1 half double crochet in the next 5 stitches.
4. Slip stitch next 2 stitches. Chain 8.
5. 1 half double crochet in the 3rd stitch from the hook. 1 half double crochet in the next 5 stitches.
6. Slip stitch next stitch. Chain 9.
7. 1 half double crochet in the 3rd chain from the hook. 1 half double crochet in the next stitch.
8. Chain 9. Slip stitch in the 7th chain from the hook. Slip stitch again to bring the yarn around. Chain 2, half double crochet 10 times in the center of the circle. Slip stitch in first chain.
9. Continue crocheting back down the anchor. Half double crochet the next 2 stitches together. Chain 4.
10. 1 half double crochet the 3rd chain from the hook. 1 half double crochet in the next stitch. Half double crochet next two stitches together.
11. Half double crochet next 5 stitches, slip stitch to the bottom, weave in ends.
12. Add a chain of contrasting color to the top of the anchor.