Crochet for a cause with this adorable and easy coffee cozy! The secret to adding depth and texture to this project, as well as making it go twice as fast, is to double up the yarn! That’s right, if you’ve never crochet with two strands of yarn before, you’re missing out! The double strand method also makes for a nice thick cozy, perfect for those hot cups of tea and coffee. Check out the video below to get a feel for the pattern, and then go ahead and get the free pattern beneath the video. Happy crocheting, friends!
Coffee Cozy Pattern:
1. Using both of the neutral colors of yarn, and the 6.5 mm hook, chain 23.
2. Turn, single crochet in each chain.
3. Single crochet 9 more rows, 10 rows total. Fasten off, weave in ends.
4. For the ribbon: using the color yarn, and the 4.5 mm hook, chain 25.
5. Single crochet in the first 12 chains, 3 single crochets in the next chain, and then single crochet the rest of the chains.
6. Turn the piece, single crochet in the first 13 single stitches, 2 single crochets in the next stitch, single crochet the rest of the row, fasten off, weave in ends.
7. With a yarn needle, weave one of the neutral colors around the edges of the ribbon.
8. Cross ends to make the ribbon, and attach to the coffee sleeve with yarn needle and yarn.
9. To make the button loops, attach yarn to one side with a single crochet. Make a loop, and attach to the piece with another single crochet.
10. Sew button on the other side.
11. Put on coffee mug and enjoy!