This is the perfect project to use up leftover yarn!
It’s officially autumn and I, for one, could not be more excited. Tis the season for cool weather, warm scarves, hot coffee, changing leaves, and curling up by the fire! We’ve got a great fall crochet pattern for you today – maple leaves! We like to use our crochet maple leaves as coasters, but I’ve seen them used as a festive fall garland, or even as an applique on an afghan or hat!
I just love these quick and easy crochet projects. With the ever growing pile of scrap yarn that I just can’t bring myself to throw away, I’m always on the hunt for a cute, small pattern! This crochet project might look complicated, but I promise you can do it. Just follow along with the free pattern beneath the video! You just need to know chain, single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, and triple crochet. These are all really basic stitches, and if you don’t know how to do a few of them, they are so easy to learn. Plus, this is a great pattern to practice the basics on. Go ahead and see how it’s done int he video below!
Maple Leaf Pattern
To begin: Ch 5. sl st ends together to form a loop.
1. Round 1: Ch3. 11 dc into loop, join w/ sl st (12 stitches total counting chain stitch at end of round).
2. Round 2: Chain 3, 1 dc in same st. 2 dc in each st in round. join w/ sl st (24 stitches total counting chain stitch at end of round).
3. Round 3: *sk 1 st. 7 dc in next st. sk 1 st. sl st in next st* Repeat 5 times.
Stem: sc in next 2 st. Chain 12, turn and sl st in every st back up chain. Sl st in same st as chain. Sc in next st.
4. Round 4 – sc in next 4 sts. IN THE SAME STITCH: (3 hdc, ch 3, fold chain in half and sl st together, 1 hdc in next st.) sc in next 2 sts. sl st in next st.
5. Leaf Point 2: Same as point one, but with dc instead of hdc. sc in next 4 sts. IN THE SAME STITCH: (3 dc, ch 3, fold chain in half and sl st together, 1 dc in next st.) sc in next 2 sts. sl st in next st.
6. Leaf Point 3: Sc in next st. dc in next 2 st. IN THE SAME STITCH: (2 trc, ch 3, fold chain in half and sl st together, 2 trc in next st.) dc in next 2 st. sc in next st. sl st in next st.
7. Mirror the pattern of leaf points 2 & 1. Leaf Point 4: sc in next 2 st. (1 dc, ch 3, fold chain in half and sl st together, 3 dc in next st.) sc in next 4 sts. sl st in next st.
8. Leaf Point 5: sc in next 2 sts. (1 hdc, ch 3, fold chain in half and sl st together, 3 hdc in next st.) sc in next 4 st. sl st in next st.
9. Cut yarn, tie off and weave in ends.SKM: below-content placeholder