How cute are these little accessories? They are so quick and easy too – win-win! Follow along in the video below, and keep scrolling to get the free pattern beneath the video. Add a pop of spring flowers and bold colors anywhere with this project. The secret to getting the fine details is to crochet with embroidery floss. Genius! These are just the perfect finishing touch to any project, from scarf to tote bag and everything in between. Or think outside of the box and add these adorable button flowers to zippers, magnets, bobby pins, and just about anything else! We think you’ll agree these flowers look good on everything. What are you waiting for? See how you can start incorporating mini crochet flower buttons into your life today!
– Embroidery floss
– Small crochet hook
1. Insert hook into buttonhole, pull thread through and make a chain. Chain 3.
2. Insert hook into next buttonhole, and repeat step one for all 4 holes.
3. Insert hook into the first hole, pull thread through and chain 3. Slip stitch on to top of first chain. (5 total sections).
4. Double crochet 5 times in the chain of the previous row. Slip stitch in next stitch. Repeat around. Cut thread, weave in ends.
5. Crochet a second color around the outside: single crochet next 2 stitches, 3 single crochet in the next stitch (top of petal), single crochet next 2 stitches, slip stitch in next stitch. Repeat for each petal. Cut thread, weave in ends.
6. Glue onto bobby pins, bags, magnets, sew on scarves, hats, etc.