If you asked me the almonds the adorable teddy bears are holding kinda look like tiny footballs.
The holidays are coming. We repeat…THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING! When we think of the holidays I think of my grandma’s homemade cookies.
My boyfriend loves to hang out with his friends and watch football, so I scoured the internet to find something festive. If you asked me the almonds the adorable teddy bears are holding kinda look like tiny footballs.
French-trained Japanese cook Maa Tamagosan created these tasty treats and shared her recipe online. ‘Hey! It’s Mosogourmet’ provided an English translation of the recipe so we can follow along (below):
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (320 F)
2. Mix 110g cake flour, 20g potato starch and a pinch of salt in a bowl
3. Mix 40g beet sugar syrup, 10g honey and 30g vegetable oil in a small bowl
4. Once thoroughly mixed, spread between parchment paper and roll out with a rolling pin
5. Use a bear cookie cutter to cut out the shapes
6. Draw the face (we used a nail dot pen), place the almond and have the bears hug them tight
7. Use leftover dough to make the tails
8. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 150°C (300 F) and bake for an additional 10 minutes
9. Take out of the oven and they’re done!
The full recipe, translated into English, is below. If you have nut allergies or simply don’t like them that much, you are free to exchange the nuts for candies or anything else that won’t melt.SKM: below-content placeholder