This Thanksgiving leftover might be even better the next day…
Source: Bacon Wrapped Stuffing Bites by charityUSA on Rumble
Some leftover Thanksgiving dishes don’t always get a lot better as time goes on, so it’s great to have some tricks up your sleeve in regards to repurposing them and breathing new life into them. Here, we have a way to make any leftover stuffing you may have and turns it into a whole other tasty dish…bacon-wrapped stuffing bites! Take this traditional side dish and turn it into an appetizer that people will be clamoring over; thickly sliced bacon, tightly wrapped around perfectly crispy stuffing – it really doesn’t get better than that!
Bacon-Wrapped Stuffing Bites
- 16 slices thickly cut bacon
- 3-4 cups leftover stuffing
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- dried cranberries, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- If using pecans, walnuts, or cranberries, fold them into leftover stuffing until totally incorporated.
- Take 1 tablespoon stuffing and roll it into a ball or log.
- Lay bacon out on a clean surface and place stuffing log on one end. Carefully roll stuffing up in bacon and use a toothpick to secure.
- Repeat with remaining stuffing bites, then transfer them to a baking sheet and set on top of a lined baking tray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, paprika and oregano until combined.
- Gently press sugar mixture onto the bacon bites, then place baking sheet in oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until bacon is crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Recipe adapted fromTablespoon