How do you get to know your characters? With so many different personalities to fit into a story, conducting a “character interview” will help you to fully realize your characters.
16. If your character had a superpower, what would it be?
17. Does your character feel like they fit in their current place and time?
18. What is their password?
19. Is your character a “stop and smell the roses” or a “glass is half empty” kind of person?
20. Is your character a hero or a villain?
21. What is your character’s greatest hope?
22. Your character is trapped on a deserted island…what one thing do they need in order to survive?
23. Does your character believe in love at first sight? Have they had their heart broken or were they the heartbreaker?
24. What is their strongest childhood memory?
25. What is your character’s greatest achievement?
These 25 questions are intended to get the ball rolling in terms of how to develop a character that is believable and relatable. What questions do you ask your characters?