Just because it’s healthy doesn’t mean it has to be boring or bland….
It’s pretty normal to go through periods of eating and cooking conscientiously, making sure we’re getting all the necessary nutrients, and realizing that we’ve slipped up and given into our temptations a little too much. Once we realize we need to rein ourselves in a bit more, we’ve got a bunch of recipes on hand that are flavorful, healthy and easy – a trifecta of greatness, if we do say so ourselves!
Here, we’ve got a seemingly simple recipe that packs some serious punch in regards to flavor: slow cooker lemon garlic chicken. Lemon and garlic are two of our favorite ingredients, both individually and together, so them being the linchpin of this recipe is already right up our alley. We ended up not using as much chicken as we normally would (go ahead and double the recipe so you can have leftovers throughout the week), but that doesn’t matter; the end result is so yummy, especially with steamed broccoli thrown in with the chicken and cooking juices, and know that it’s great for us as well means we can dig in guilt-free…win-win!
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
15 minutes active; 2+ hours inactive
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice, or taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, garnish, optional
- Combine oregano, seasoned salt and black pepper (to taste) in a small bowl, then rub mixture over chicken breasts.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken breasts on each side. 3-4 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock and lemon juice into slow cooker, then add in minced garlic and stir everything together.
- Place browned chicken breasts in slow cooker, then cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until cooked through.
- Serve hot with broccoli or pasta and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Just A Pinch