This creamy chicken and broccoli bake isn’t just another boring baked chicken recipe. We threw this dish together for dinner last night with just a few basic ingredients. It’s super easy, and our family thought it was fabulous. We took an otherwise ordinary meat and veggie combination and baked it in a rich and creamy herbed butter sauce.
The sauce is so quick and simple and the flavor is out-of-this-world amazing! We think it’s what sets this baked chicken apart. This chicken and broccoli dinner is savory, satisfying and full of flavor, and it’s on the table in just 40 minutes. We couldn’t ask for a better recipe for weeknights!
Baked Chicken with Herb Butter Sauce
15m prep time
30m cook time
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 head broccoli, cut in florets
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side to brown. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter to skillet. Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in chicken broth and use spoon to loosen any browned bits on bottom of pan. Stir in Dijon mustard, cream, and thyme. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes and stir until thickened.
- Pour butter sauce over chicken breasts. Flip chicken to coat both sides. Top with broccoli florets.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, until broccoli is tender and chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°F. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves is desired.
Recipe adapted from Life As A Strawberry