Our family requests this for breakfast all the time!
Who doesn’t like pizza for breakfast? It’s definitely a favorite in our home, and leftover slices are a hot commodity. But THIS pizza is just about the best way to start your day! Baked on a flaky crust, we top ours with eggs, cheese, and breakfast sausage, but really the topping possibilities are endless. We like to take it up a notch by mixing our favorite hot sauce with sour cream to create and elegant and flavorful drizzle. It’s perfect for weekend brunches (and always a huge hit), but it also keeps well, so often we’ll whip up a batch and have it for a quick and filling breakfast all week long!
- 1 package crescent rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 1 lb breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 cup shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 1 cup diced green and orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley or green onions, diced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a 10x15-inch sheet pan with nonstick spray.
- Spread the rolls evenly over sheet pan, pinching the seams together to create one flat crust.
- Evenly spread the sausage over dough, followed by hash browns, then cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, garlic, rosemary, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper together, then pour evenly over pizza.
- Gently place tomato and bell pepper slices on top of egg mixture, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the eggs and dough are cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley or green onions. Serve warm, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Cookie Rookie