If the name “crack chicken spaghetti bake” doesn’t immediately get your attention and indicate how addictive this dish is, then we don’t know what will. Regardless of what it’s called, we’ve come up with a creamy, cheesy meal that will have you hooked after the first bite. Seriously, everyone who’s tried it has had to go back for seconds (and thirds), and there’s no reason trying to fight that craving. This spaghetti bake wins every time against anyone’s attempt at self-control.
If you’re wondering what makes up our crack chicken spaghetti bake, it’s a smattering of ingredients, including a handful of pantry staples, that come together to form a smooth sauce that coats the chicken and spaghetti and bakes up to perfection. We went with velveeta here instead of cheddar cheese as the base of the sauce. While you’re more than welcome to swap in cheddar, we’ve found (based on the many times our friends and family have requested we make this) that velveeta melts more easily and creates a creamier sauce than using regular cheese.
Along with the cheese, we used cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and dry ranch mix to build up the sauce. Tons of flavor there, thanks to the ranch mix, which is all then topped off with cheese and bacon, then popped into the oven so it can turn into melted, golden, bubbling goodness. You all need this spaghetti bake in your life, so do yourself a favor and whip it up this week!
Crack Chicken Spaghetti Bake
45 minutes to prepare serves 8
- 1 (16 oz.) package spaghetti
- 2 (10.75 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (8 oz.) packages velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (1.5 oz.) package dry ranch mix
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine chicken soup, velveeta and chicken broth in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Whisk in ranch dry mix and salt and pepper.
- Place drained pasta and shredded chicken in greased baking dish and pour cheese sauce over the top. Toss together until everything is evenly coated, then top with cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly, and dish is heated through.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken