We hadn’t heard of hissy fit dip until recently, but ohmygosh this stuff is amazing! Seriously, if you’ve got a game day gathering coming up, it’s perfect; if you’ve got a casual movie night going on, it’s perfect; if you’ve got absolutely nothing at all on the calendar, this dip’s got your back – it’s perfect. What makes this stuff so good, you ask? Basically everything in it; sausage, cream cheese, sour cream, velveeta, monterey jack…just about everything but the kitchen sink!
When this bad boy comes out of the oven, you’re going to need to bat people away with a stick, since everyone will be clamoring over it. We also threw in a bunch of herbs, so it’s got a real depth of flavor that will have you hooked after one bite. You might go into this thinking, “just one bite,” but give up on that now. It’s impossible to say no to this
stuff, so give in and let its goodness wash over you – you won’t be disappointed!
Hissy Fit Dip
- 1 pound ground sausage, browned and drained
- 1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 oz. monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced, optional
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- crackers, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a square baking dish or skillet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and softened cream cheese in a large bowl, and stir in Worcestershire sauce, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder and sage until incorporated.
- Fold in sausage, velveeta, jack cheese and chives until mixed in thoroughly, then transfer mixture to baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until molten, bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with chips or sliced baguette.
Recipe adapted from White Lights On Wednesday