When it comes to delicious appetizers, you can’t ever go wrong with garlic bread…but is it possible to go above and beyond a cheesy, garlicky loaf? The answer is yes, you can. Here, we’ve added in some surprising elements that make this dish a game changer: fresh zucchini and alfredo sauce.
Trust us here, while it may sound strange, this loaf (you could even go so far as to call is a loaf pizza) is absolutely delicious. The alfredo sauce adds the perfect amount of flavor and creaminess to the crisp, toasty bread, and the zucchini – along with parsley, dill and garlic – makes for a light and delicious topping. If you want to try out a new dish to delight your friends and family, or if you just want to make it because you’re curious, by all means, go ahead…this alfredo zucchini bread tastes amazing and will leave you wanting more!
Alfredo Zucchini Bread
- 1 (or 1/2) loaf of French or Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups zucchini, grated and drained
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup alfredo sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced, plus extra for garnish
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl, combine drained zucchini with 1 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup alfredo sauce, eggs, garlic, parsley and fresh dill. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread remaining alfredo sauce over your bread halves, then top with an even layer of zucchini mixture.
- Place bread halves on a large baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and top with remaining mozzarella.
- Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove loaf pizza from oven and cut into slices.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and dill and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cooktoria