It’s high time we shared this recipe with the rest of the world. We love a breakfast that’s easy, filling, and works on-the-go and we know you do too. And we especially love it when it’s as delicious as these bars. These Maple-Brown Sugar Oatmeal Breakfast Bars are our favorite convenient breakfast because they make our lives easier and they taste so very good. We frequently make a batch at the beginning of the week and portion the bars out before wrapping them each in plastic wrap. Voila, breakfast all week long! They freeze well, so it’s a no-brainer to whip up a double batch to have some extra on hand when you need them.
We know that packaged granola and breakfast bars are a dime a dozen, but we like this homemade version because we have control over all the ingredients and know exactly what’s going into them. There’s no lecithin or maltodextrin here. Just wholesome ingredients from our kitchen. The result is a tasty bar that’s still convenient and perfect for a quick handheld breakfast or an anytime snack.
These bars are dense and hearty and they’ll keep you going all morning long. There’s nothing worse than eating breakfast and being hungry again minutes later! The coconut oil and hearty oats make these super filling and will surely keep you satiated until your next meal. The flavors here are easy to adapt to your liking… but who doesn’t love the combination of maple and brown sugar with oatmeal? It’s our favorite comforting, homey breakfast in bar form!
Maple-Brown Sugar Oatmeal Bars
45 minutes to prepare serves 12
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, egg, and brown sugar and whisk to combine.
- Add oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt to bowl and stir until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in oven until edges are golden brown and center has set, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing into bars and serving. Enjoy!
Adapted from All Recipes.