When it comes to entertaining, we’re all about appetizers that taste amazing, but that also allow us to spend time with our friends and family, instead of stuck in the kitchen. Here, we’ve got a dish that only requires five ingredients, most of which you already have on hand, and that turns out perfectly every time, no matter what!
Frozen meatballs might not seem like much in the freezer aisle, but with some chili sauce, brown sugar and – wait for it – grape jelly, you’ve got a dish that will win everyone over! Seriously, we couldn’t believe how tasty these were when we first made this dish, but now we know to make it for every party…it’s just that good!
Grape Jelly Chili Meatballs
5 minutes active; 2 hours inactive to prepare Serves 8-10
- 32 oz. pre-cooked frozen meatballs
- 1 (12 oz.) jar chili sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grape jelly
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Stir together chili sauce, jelly, brown sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Place meatballs in slow cooker insert and pour chili jelly sauce over the meatballs.
- Stir everything together, then cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are heated through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Buns In My Oven