What a fun afternoon craft to work on while sipping hot cocoa and watching a Christmas movie.
Does the tree have a few empty spaces still? Fill them with these hat ornaments that are just too cute! Not only is this project fun and simple, I bet you already have everything you need – yarn and toilet paper tubes. Go ahead and grab the kiddos for this one, soon you’ll have a tree full of cute little stocking caps! Simply cut the tube and yarn, knot the yarn around the tube, flip inside out, and finish with a tie and a trim. What a fun afternoon craft to work on while sipping hot cocoa and watching a Christmas movie. Happy holidays!
Need more easy ornament ideas? Check out this list of DIYs!
– Paper rolls (toilet paper, paper towel, etc.)
– Yarn in multiple colors
1. Cut the paper roll into a thin ring, about 1 inch thick.
2. Cut yarn into approximately 6-6 inch threads (depending on yarn & roll).
3. Fold the thread in half and push the loop side through the paper roll. Take the other end and fold it over the paper roll and into the loop. Pull up to get a knot:
4. Keep looping and knotting until the roll is covered with yarn.
5. When full, twist the threads and push them through the roll.
6. Tie a knot around the threads to get a hat shape, and trim the pom pom.