Super easy to throw together on a weeknight with just a few common ingredients, this is comfort food fusion at its finest. This dish keeps that essential ricotta cheesiness in tact, (because, let’s be honest, that’s what we all want in a lasagna), but swaps out the marinara for your favorite chunky salsa. And the no-bake noodles aren’t simply for shortening your prep time – they also soak up extra moisture from the salsa that might otherwise water it down. We’re sure you’ll find, just like we did, that this is the perfect thing to bring along to that next potluck, but be forewarned – it disappears fast!
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cups chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped, optional
- sour cream, optional
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Brown beef in a large skillet and drain off excess oil, then stir in taco seasoning and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg with ricotta cheese until well combined. Set aside.
- Place 4 lasagna noodles in bottom of baking dish. Spread 1/3 of ricotta over noodles, then evenly spoon 1/3 of ground beef mixture over ricotta. Evenly spread 1/3 of salsa over beef, then layer 1/3 of cheddar cheese over beef. Repeat steps, finishing with cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until lasagna is heated through. Let cool 5-10 minutes, top with sour cream and fresh cilantro, (optional), serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything