These no-bake bars are like a Rice Krispie treat and Krackel bar mash up and we couldn’t love them more. They have all that crispy chocolate flavor we loved so much in childhood (and it turns out we’re still pretty fond of it today). They’re an easy and satisfying treat and we’ve used a few good-for-you substitutions so you can feel good about eating them anytime.
Butter, almond butter, and maple syrup (there’s no white sugar here) are melted together before crunchy Rice Krispies cereal, coconut flakes, and chocolate are stirred in and the whole mixture goes into the fridge to set. Then you slice it into bars and serve. It couldn’t be easier!
To make these even healthier, you can always substitute dark chocolate chips for the milk chocolate ones. You can also use coconut oil in place of the butter. The kids love finding these in their lunchboxes, and since they’re such an easy and relatively healthy sweet treat, we feel good about making them.
Chocolate Krackel Bars
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, and butter and melt, stirring frequently.
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the coconut flakes, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate chips are completely melted. Add in cereal, one cup at a time, mixing until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Spread mixture in the lined pan and chill in the refrigerator until set, about 30 minutes. Slice into long bars and serve. Enjoy!