Who knew that one spice could totally transform this chicken dinner??
Paprika chicken, or chicken paprikash as it’s known in Hungary, its country of origin, is a delicious meal that is absolute perfection on any given Monday (or Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.) night. We’ve made the traditional version before and loved it, but we wanted to make it even easier this time around, so we got all our ingredients together and tossed them in the slow cooker.
Seriously, this meal makes for a great lunch or dinner – it’s super easy to reheat and makes for very yummy leftovers – and it couldn’t be easier to make. It’s full of veggies and protein, plus, the creamy sauce is the stuff dreams are made of…you’ll want to drizzle it on everything! Whenever you need an easy, hearty meal to come home to, this one’s got your back. Everyone will love it, so try it out!
Slow Cooker Paprika Chicken
15 minutes active; 2-3 hours inactive
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature, cubed
- 1 package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- mashed potatoes or egg noodles, garnish
- Place cubed chicken, onion and bell pepper in the bottom of slow cooker, and season generously with salt and pepper, then sprinkle on paprika, parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 6-8, until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Add cream cheese and peas and carrots, then cover and cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until melted and incorporated.
- Serve hot over mashed potatoes or egg noodles, garnished with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker