How cute is this little baby girl? Those booties she’s rocking are pretty adorable too. At just a week old, she already has impecible taste in fashion. I bet you know a few little ones that could use a pair of these booties! As you can see, they are perfect for those lazy days just lounging around on the couch, waiting for the next meal.
My favorite part about this crochet project (other than the fact that I got to take photos with the cutest family around), is how quickly everything worked up from start to finish. I finished this pair in about 25 minutes, which makes these the perfect last minute gift for a baby shower. They could probably even be completed on the way to the hospital to visit the new baby, assuming you’re not driving, of course. Go ahead and see how it’s done in the video below and check out the free pattern beneath the video. Happy crocheting, friends!
Newborn . . . . . . Sole length: 3 in
3 Months . . . . . Sole length: 3.5 in
6 Months . . . . . Sole length: 4 in
9 Months . . . . . Sole length: 4.5 in
12 Months . . . . . Sole length: 5 in
1. For the sole: Ch 7
2. Hdc in 2nd chain from hook. Hdc in next 4 sts. 3 hdc in last st. Don’t turn, crochet on bottom of foundation chain.
3. Hdc in first chain. Hdc next 4 sts. 2 hdc in last st. Don’t turn, continue working around the chain.
4. Hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st. Hdc next 4 sts. 2 hdc in next st, hdc next st. Continue to shoe sides without cutting off the yarn.
5. Shoe sides: Round 1: hdc in blo in all 16 stitches. Continue to shoe top without cutting off the yarn. Sl st next 7 stitches.
6. For top: Ch 2, dc 4 stitches together, back loops only. You’ll have 5 loops on your hook, then yarn over and pull through all 5 loops. Ch 2, sl st in next stitch.
7. Ch 3, attach strap on other side of shoe with a sl st. cut yarn, weave in ends.
8. For the flower: Start with a magic circle, ch 2, 6 hdc in the circle, join with a sl st. Pull tight, weave in ends.
9. Attach to side of shoe, add a pearl or bead in the center.