Eating healthy can be kind of a drag sometimes, but it doesn’t have to be! For years people have been talking about the Mediterranean diet, which mostly consists of lean meats and lots of veggies, which, lucky for you, can be totally delicious when done right. Here, we made a nutritious, lip smackingly-good skillet dinner that everyone loved and that we can’t wait to make again! With chicken, tomatoes, artichokes, mushrooms, spinach, olives, and onions, this dish has everything you could want, plus, anything you or your family doesn’t like, you can swap out! It’s perfect for dinner and we know we’ll be making it again soon….
20 minutes to prepare serves 4-6
- 1 pound chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes with basil and oregano, drained
- 1 (8 oz.) jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 6-8 minutes, or until softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in remaining olive oil, plus balsamic vinegar, and mix in diced tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes, then season with oregano.
- Add sliced chicken and spinach to pan and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Sprinkle freshly chopped basil into the skillet and serve hot!
Recipe adapted from Paleo Newbie