Get the mess under control with these easy organization hacks!
We all have that one (or two, or seven) drawers in the house that could use a little TLC. Whether it’s in your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, or craft room, we’re here to help. We needed to do some spring cleaning around the Crafty House studio, and we’re here to share some of our best organization tips!
We have a set of plastic drawers that house most of our leftover craft supplies. These drawers were organized at one point, but have since become a tangled mess of ribbon, string, beads, and plastic baggies. Sound familiar? Never fear! After a little purging and a few DIY organization hacks, we got things under control in no time. Plus, these drawer organizers used up some old supplies – felt and cardboard. Win win! Watch the video below to see how we did it, and get the full instructions and measurements beneath the video. Happy spring cleaning, friends!
– Hot Glue
1. Take a sheet of felt and put 3 lines of hot glue on it: one on the left edge, one on the right edge and one in the center. Place another sheet of felt on top of that.
2. On the top piece of felt, place 2 lines of glue centered in between the 3 previous lines you made on the first sheet.
3. Repeat steps 1-3 several times.
4. Once the glue is dry, cut the felt in half horizontally. Glue the 2 chunks of felt together. When all the glue is dry, expand the felt to reveal a honeycomb pattern.
– X-acto knife
1. Measure the dimensions of your drawer, and decide on the layout of your organizer.
2. Cut strips of cardboard according to your dimensions.
3. To assemble: mark where each strip intersects. On the longer, vertical strips, make a slit starting in the middle going up. Place in bottom of drawer. For the shorter, horizontal strips, make a slit starting the middle, going down. Line up slits, and push horizontal strips over vertical strips.