It probably comes as no surprise to you that we love butter, but this butter is a total game-changer. While we typically just reach for a lovely, room-temperature stick anytime we’re baking, or need a pat here or there, this cinnamon pumpkin butter is something that, once you make it, you’ll be wanting to put on any and everything!
Not only is this sweet, autumnal, spice-filled butter absolutely out of this world, but it also only takes about five minutes to make! If you’re butter is soft enough, you could mix it up by hand, but a hand mixer makes this even quicker work. The result is a whipped, creamy confection that goes just as well on a plain English muffin as it does dolloped on some pancakes. Whatever you do, try this out – it’s seriously amazing!
Cinnamon Pumpkin Butter
5 minutes to prepare serves 6-8
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream butter for 1-2 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg and 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree, and beat until incorporated.
- Continue adding remaining pumpkin puree 1 tablespoon at a time, then add in honey, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then serve on a warm roll or croissant.
- Store, refrigerated, in an air-tight container.
Recipe adapted from Handle The Heat