Perfect for when a craving for sweets hits, we love making this snack this time of year!
Any time we go to a street fair, we can’t help but look forward to the delightful smell of roasting almonds, especially the candied, cinnamon-sugar-glazed almonds. We used to think we could only enjoy them at a fair or carnival, but that doesn’t have to be the case…. It’s actually easy to make and enjoy this tasty snack at home!
The most important aspect of this treat, of course, is getting the right glaze on the almonds. To get that light, wonderful crust, we whisked egg whites into stiff peeks and then added the sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
We took our inspiration for these decadent, yet easy treats from Disney World, where we make sure to grab a batch or two every time we go. They taste amazing, plus they’re actually super easy to make, making them great for any time of year (and especially around the holidays). You can’t go wrong with this recipe and we promise you’ll have everyone hooked!
Cinnamon Sugar Glazed Almonds
(makes 4 servings)
- 1 pound almonds (and/or pecans)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 250º F.
- Beat the egg whites with a dash of salt until frothy. Gradually add the sugar and vanilla extract and continue to beat until the whites begin to form stiff peaks. Gently fold in the almonds and cinnamon.
- Place the melted butter in a large mixing bowl and stir the almonds into the butter, coating them.
- Transfer the almonds to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring them every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Disney Food Blog