Halloween has quickly become one of the most expensive holidays around the US. With people going all out for parties, costumes, and decor, it’s no wonder we end up spending a small fortune this time of year! Why not save some money on the decor and see how to make this DIY floating ghost! I bet you already have everything on hand.
This DIY Halloween decoration is amazing! We’ve seen similar decorations in stores for $30 – $40! You can make your own floating ghost with just 3 ingredients. That’s right, all it takes is some cheesecloth, water, and corn starch!
Put this Floating Cheesecloth Ghost at your front door, and you’re guaranteed to spook (and impress) all your trick-or-treaters. Or, see what we did in the video below to make ours a fun indoor light up ghost!
– Black felt
– Something to support the ghost while it dries (we used a large Styrofoam ball on top of a tall vase)
1. Pour 2 cups of water in a microwave safe container along with one cup of cornstarch. Microwave in 30 second intervals until thick.
2. Set mixture aside to cool slightly so that you’re able to handle it without it being too hot.
3. Set up your support for your ghost.
4. Cut your piece of cheesecloth in half and coat each piece in the cornstarch mixture. Make sure it’s completely covered!
5. Drape the coated cheesecloth over your support and make sure to arrange it however you like. Once it’s dry you won’t be able to change it.
6. Once you’re happy with the shape of your ghost leave it to dry overnight. Once it’s dry remove the cheesecloth from the support and glue on two black felt eyes.
7. Your ghost is now ready to spook your trick-or-treaters!SKM: below-content placeholder