Nothing says summer quite like a big, juicy slice of watermelon. Now get all of the summer vibes in candle form that you can enjoy no matter what the weather! Aren’t these candles the cutest little summertime accessory you’ve ever seen? They would be perfect out on the deck or in an open window. Better yet, take these candles on the road to your next picknick or potluck! We used citronella oil to give the candles a nice scent, while also repelling nasty bugs all summer long.
See what we did in the video below, and get inspired to make your own candles this summer! We just love making candles here at Crafty House. Check out our lavender candles when you’re done with the watermelon candles! Happy crafting, friends!
– Soy wax flakes
– Red crayon
– Green crayon
– Green crayon
– Black paint
– Citronella oil
– Hot glue
– Paper cups
1. In a large bowl, melt red crayon shavings with wax. In a smaller bowl, melt green crayon shavings with wax. In another small bowl, melt plain wax (will turn out white).
2. Prep cups by hot gluing the wick to the bottom of the paper cup.
3. Mix in citronella oil to all melted wax bowls.
4. Starting with the green wax, fill cup ¼ full. Place in fridge to cool wax quickly.
5. Next, pour a thin layer of plain white wax. Place in fridge to cool wax quickly.
6. Finally, fill cup the rest of the way with red wax and let cool.
7. When everything is dry, trim the wick, and peel off the cup.
8. If you want to add details, draw on seeds with a sharpie marker.